Join our team
Chief Operating Officer
About the NCLN
The National Campus Life Network seeks to lower the abortion rate in Canada by educating, mentoring and leading young people to reject abortion. We train students to effectively talk to peers about the realities of abortion. We put a strong focus on measurement to make sure we are consistently and concretely changing the lives of the young people we meet, mentor and train. we are a volunteer-supported, not-for-profit community organization that has a strong passion and vision for what we stand for.
NCLN highly values those who can work as a team and enjoy relationship management. Much of NCLN’s work hinges on the quality of our mission and our ability to have strong relationships with many people. Our team also highly values integrity, honesty, a strong work ethic, and strong communication skills. We love working with people who are creative who will bring ideas to the table and have the desire to see them through with their team. At NCLN, you will have the opportunity to sit at the table of a national organization making waves in Canada.
Applicants for this position must be team players as NCLN places a high value on teamwork. Our team serves the mission of NCLN with excellence, humility, and lots of passion for the pro-life cause. Lastly, NCLN places a high value on strategic thinking and efficiency. As such, it is imperative that those who take on this position are team players, self-starters, well articulated and reliable.
Executive Director Ruth Shaw
Chief Operating Officer
The COO is responsible for the overall operations of NCLN. The COO is tasked with assisting the Executive Director with the overall vision and direction of the organization and ensuring the organization is achieving the objectives.
The Administrative assistant is responsible for all administrative needs of the organization. The administration assistant also processes all donations and manages DonorPerfect.
Responsibilities and Duties
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies for Head Office and NCLN campuses.
- Providing real-time scheduling support.
- Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, and conduct research on best practices to apply them to NCLN
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, email, and mail with all NCLN donors, partners, students
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
- Data gathering and data system maintenance.
- Systems Management.
Donor Management Responsibilities:
- Monitor and manage the donation process.
- Receive pledges from NCLN activities via email and phone
- Training volunteers with the pledge donation process.
- Produce reports and spreadsheets as required
- Writing letters of gratitude to donors.
- Update sources of income data.
- Work with NCLN partners on reporting and contracts
- Manage Donor engagement
Chief Operating Officer Duties and Responsibilities
HR Management Responsibilities
- Building protocols and policies for NCLN staff as it pertains to their job
- Aid in the production of contracts and overseeing compliance as it pertains to team management
- Oversee policy compliance, vacations and sick days.
- Oversee and implement correctional procedures for policy compliance.
- Well versed in Bright HR.
- Work with Peninsula services on Human Resources related questions and problems.
- Manage all forms of leave.
- Manage employee complaints.
- Manage employee satisfaction and culture.
- Employee performance management.
- Work with the Executive Director on strategy development.
- Prepare the organization for expansion as it relates and pertains to mission, systems and finances
- Aid in building and researching strategically valuable information to aid in the expansion of NCLN.
- The COO works closely with the CFO to ensure the financial stability of the organization and to measure the financial feasibility of projects.
- Managing and executing the fundraising department of NCLN.
- The COO is responsible for keeping the organization on track with new projects and new developments.
- Administering project management tool
- Keeping in regular contact with staff regarding projects they are involved in and upcoming deadlines.
- Excellence in verbal, written, and team communications.
- Works well under pressure.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft.
- An understanding of financial transactions.
- Ability to teach and train.
- Knowledge of the donation process.
The National Campus Life Network is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by Canadian law.
- This position is 20-30 hrs/week
- Car is an asset, but not necessary
- Position is salaried
Additional Application Information:
- Only those who will be considered will be contacted.
- Individuals being considered will be contacted by phone or email.
- Application deadline is July 31, 2020.
- Individuals will be contacted 2-3 business days after the closing date.
- Submit a resume, cover letter and any other supporting documents, along with 2 references (name, phone number, email): one pro-life reference, and a work-experience reference.
- Send the entire application to firstname.lastname@example.org.