Join our team
Operations and Administration Specialist
About the NCLN
The National Campus Life Network seeks to lower the abortion rate in Canada by educating, mentoring and leading young people to reject abortion. We train students to effectively talk to peers about the realities of abortion. We put a strong focus on measurement to make sure we
are consistently and concretely changing the lives of the young people we meet, mentor and train. we are a volunteer-supported, not-for-profit community organization that has a strong passion and vision for what we stand for.
The Operations and Administration Specialist is responsible for handling general office tasks such as filing, creating reports, scheduling meetings, and recording supplies for the head office and NCLN campuses. This position also hold financial assistant duties which involve processing and creating financial statements along with collecting and following up on invoices. The Operations and Administration Specialist monitors the donation process and trains volunteers with the pledge donation process. Duties surrounding policy creation and research work are also part of this position’s responsibilities.
Who You Are
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat entrepreneurial attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail,
and e-mail, making reservations or travel arrangements, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To be successful, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared, responsive, and adaptable, willing to meet each challenge directly. Administrative Assistants must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, Administrative Assistants should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
You should have knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, good organizational skills, and working knowledge of accounting software. Ultimately, a top-notch Finance Assistant should have integrity, excellent mathematical skills, and an understanding of data privacy
Responsibilities and Duties
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports, setting up for meetings, and
reordering supplies for Head Office and NCLN campuses.
- Providing real-time scheduling support.
- Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Using computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, and conduct research on best practices to apply them to NCLN
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, email, and mail with all NCLN donors, partners, students
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
Financial Assistant Responsibilities:
- Processing and preparing financial statements.
- Creating, sending, and following up on invoices.
- Collecting and reviewing data for reports.
- Reviewing financial statements and reports to aid Director and team in strategic planning
- Reporting discrepancies.
- Preparing and executing payments for employees.
- Suggesting improvements on accuracy, efficiency, and reducing cost.
- Liaise and execute payments to all service providers
- Work with outside parties to ensure bookkeeping is transparent and accurate.
Donor Management Responsibilities:
- Monitor and manage the donation process.
- Receive pledges from NCLN activities via email and phone
- Training volunteers with the pledge donation process.
- Handling the donation process.
- Produce reports and spreadsheets as required
- Update donation entries into the main ledger.
- Writing letters of gratitude to donors.
- Update sources of income data.
- Work with NCLN partners on reporting and contracts
HR Management Responsibilities:
- Building protocols and policies for NCLN staff as it pertains to their job
- Aid in the production of contracts and overseeing compliance as it pertains to financial
and team management
- Work with the Executive DIrector to strategically organize the organization for expansion as it pertains to mission, systems and finances
- Aid in building and researching strategically valuable information to aid in the expansion of NCLN.
Administrative Assistant Qualifications:
- Excellent computer skills especially typing.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Multilingual maybe be preferred or may be required.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite and G-Suite.
Finance Assistant Qualifications:
- An understanding of financial statements.
- A certificate in accounting/finance is an asset.
- Knowledge of financial transactions.
- Experience in payroll is an asset.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, G-Suite and QuickBooks Online or similar accounting software.
Donor Management Qualifications:
- An understanding of financial transactions.
- Ability to teach and train.
- Knowledge of the donation process.
- Ability to use social media as a marketing tool.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, G-Suite and DonorPerfect or similar database
HR Management Qualifications:
- A background in compliance is an asset.
- Experience creating contracts is an asset.
- Ability to use Microsoft office suite and G suite.
- An ability to multitask.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Research capabilities.
- Finance experience is considered an asset.
The National Campus Life Network is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by Canadian law.
NCLN highly values those who can work as a team and enjoy relationship management. Much of NCLN’s work hinges on the quality of our mission and our ability to have strong relationships with many people. Our team also highly values integrity, honesty, a strong work ethic, and strong communication skills. We love working with people who are creative who will bring ideas to the table and have the desire to see them through with their team. At NCLN, you will have the opportunity to sit at the table of a national organization making waves in Canada. We also enjoy people with a good sense of humour… and who are good looking.
- This position is 30 hrs/week
- Car is an asset, but not necessary
- Salary is not negotiable at entry (approx $30,000/year)
Additional Application Information:
- Only those who will be considered will be contacted.
- Individuals being considered will be contacted by phone or email.
- Application deadline February 8.
- Individuals will be contacted 2-3 business days after the closing date.
- Submit both a resume and a cover letter and any other supporting documents.
- Send entire application in one pdf document to email@example.com.